very much like we survey you and ask for your opinion – we also survey our children for all sorts of things – what they like, what they don’t like, what they think of behaviour, what they want to change etc..this year’s full results are below – the highlights are summarised here:
- Maths by far our favourite subject (again!)
- As you go up by year group children’s’ confidence in working independently increases – with most children in EYFS/Year 1 preferring to work 1:1 with the teacher and most in 4,5 and 6 enjoying small group and paired work. This is really encouraging.
- Some great new topic ideas (explosions, eating candy, power rangers…)
- All children said they enjoyed playtimes and most felt safe at these times (anyone who didnt feel safe is being talked to ensure they are OK)
- our children are most ambitious than last year – with many able to say what they want to be when they are older.
- If bullied, Mrs Purnell and the headteacher were more popular responses for who to go to in older year groups.
- Lots of call for art, music and dance clubs.
- Most children want to spend the Congo money on playground equipment.
if you;d like to see the full report it is here: Have Your Say Day 2016 BLOG PARENT RESULTS,